In the spirit of Thanksgiving, I have decided to participate in my friend Jilliene's 2009 Attitude of Gratitude. The goal is to write down 20 things you are thankful for, without duplicating, for a week. Like she says on her blog:
"When I am feeling frustrated, short changed, insufficient or victomized, I have a wise friend who reminds me that you can't feel self pity and gratitude at the same time. She has suggested on many, many occasions that the best way to combat feelings of resentment, jealousy, disappointment, inadequacy and sadness is to make a gratitude list."
I've mentioned that I have done something like this before with the book Simple Abundance (Oprah told me to do it!). It is truly amazing how well it works. The bad things just don't seem so bad when you are counting your many blessings.
So I will start my week with this Favorite Photo Friday, and do my best to post my 20 things everyday. If I don't get to the computer, I'll still write my list.
YOU can do it too. Even if you don't have a blog, you can still write your list or write a few gratitudes in my comments section. If nothing else, give your blessings some thought before you go to sleep at now. Let's see if our attitude improves.
I am so very thankful for:
1. My husband, Gary
2. My kids, Cole, Luke and Jack
3. My beautiful dog, Bella
4. Our lovely new home
5. I finally live on the water
6. By far the best thing to ever come out of Texas, my BFF Anke
7. My favorite Ivy League grad, Allison
8. My parents who are still alive and healthy
9. My sister and her whole family that makes my family more complete
10. Luke and Jack's school
11. Cole's new school
12. Cole's new friends, especially the kind hearted Ben
13. Karen, Karen, Karen!
14. My longtime friend, John
15. John's wonderful beach house and St. Teresa Beach
16. My friend across the pond, Steve
17. All 211 of my Facebook friends. Yes, Gary I know every one of them!
18. All my Girl Night Out moms
19. My talented and wonderful friend in VA, Cameron
20. The super sweet and talented, Claudine.